Concealed Weapon License Application General Information

The Tax Collector acts as an agent for the Florida Department of Agriculture for purposes of issuing applications for Concealed Weapon Licenses.  This process is pursuant to Florida Statute 790.06.

Where to Apply

Items to Bring

Applicants for Concealed Weapons License should bring the following:

  • A picture ID. A driver license or state-issued identification card is acceptable.
  • A copy of the training document or other certificate that confirms proficiency with a firearm.
  • Payment (see fee chart below)
  • Applicants who have ever been arrested must bring certified copies of the court documentation reflecting the final disposition of the charge(s) filed.
  • Applicants born outside the US, or permanent legal resident aliens, will need to bring official documentation to confirm citizenship status.
  • Any law enforcement officer, correctional officer or correctional probation officer with a Florida law enforcement agency who is applying as such, will need to provide official documentation of employment status with that agency.
  • If renewing, bring the renewal notice and application. A copy of the training document is not required for renewals.
  • If there has been a name change, provide a copy of the marriage certificate, divorce decree or other court documentation to show proof of the change.
  • If you fail to renew your license by its expiration date, you may renew it up to six months after it has expired. However, there is a late fee of $15 for renewing after the expiration date.

What Happens When I Arrive at the Downtown Office?

  • A staff member will direct you to a computer station where you will complete an online (computer) application form. (Please note that you do not need to complete an application form prior to your appointment.)
  • Staff will review your application for completeness.
  • Staff will take your photograph and scan your fingerprints.

Application Timeline

  • For a new license, the application process takes about an hour or less. The application is sent to Tallahassee via the computer provided in our office.
  • By law the Department of Agriculture has 90 days from the date they receive the application to either issue or deny an application.
  • is the link to do an online status check.
  • For a renewal in our office the application will be processed while waiting and the license will be received prior to leaving. A non-Florida resident or anyone requiring a name change, will receive the license by mail.
  • DOA is expediting all Florida concealed weapon license applications for active duty military members and veterans.
  • Active duty military personnel, must include a copy of their Common Access Card, current orders or other form of official military identification with their applications. Honorably discharged veterans must submit a copy of their DD214 long form.

Fees – Original License

Judges and Retired Law Enforcement

There is no Original License fee for active Judges or Law Enforcement Officers who have retired within the last year! Please note non-active judges fees are the same as residents.

Fees – Renewals

Active Judges

There is no renewal fee for active Judges! Please note non-active judges fees are the same as residents.